Brač is one of the biggest islands of Croatia's coastline and therefore has a whole lot to offer. Its warm climate and pristine beaches allure visitors to keep coming back.Contact us
The island’s tallest peak, Vidova gora, or Mount St. Vid, stands at 780 m making it the highest island point in the Adriatic. The town of Bol is situated on the southern part of the island Brač and is the oldest town on the coast of Brač. Locals are used to welcoming tourists from all over the world, since the town of Bol is, alongside Dubrovnik and Split, one of the most popular destinations.
Zlatni Rat, a famed beach in Bol, is probably the best known and the most photographed beach in Croatia. Like many other towns in Dalmatia, this one is also full of history and interesting sights.
Special importance for the spiritual and cultural life of Bol was the founding of the Dominican community in 1462 and the construction of the monastery in 1475. Inside visitors can find collections of prehistorical and ancient maritime archeology, Roman and early Croatian architecture and sculpture, a numismatic collection, and collections of incunabula’s and sacral objects.
The museum also holds a painting of Madonna with child and Saints from the Venetian painter Tintoretto from 1563.
There are also smaller towns worth visiting.
Milna or as the Venetians called it “Valle di mille navi” (the bay of a thousand ships) is located on the north-west side of the island.
Typical Croatian small town was known throughout the years as a favorite nautical port. Additionally, Milna was known for its shipbuilding and the renowned Dalmatian boat “bracera” was made here first. In Milna you can find restaurants with delicious food, exquisite wine and scenic beauty which everyone is sure to enjoy.
Brač is ideal for every type of traveler whether they enjoy relaxing on the beach or exploring nature.
In-between Bol and Milna, there is another UNESCO sight worth visiting. The Blaca Hermitage, a monastery built into a cliff, is located on the southern side of Brač Island. The hermitage was originally established in 1551 by two Glagolitic monks, and continued by successive generations of monks until 1963 with the death of Father Niko Miličević. This site was added to the UNESCO World Heritage Tentative List in 2007 where it was stated: “The Blaca karst valley extends from Dragovode to the wide sea cove where the Chapel of the Lady on the Beach is located. The hermitage is accessed by a wide road from the Blaca cove or by the walking trail from the inner part of the island, through Nerežišća, Žurmo pool and hamlet Dragovode with houses that once belonged to earlier Blaca colonists and shepherds. The villages Obršje and Smrka also belonged to the Hermitage.” Changing its purpose throughout the years didn’t change its beauty. Seeing the site of Blace Hermitage will be one of the most exciting experiences for travelers who absolutely adore history and architecture.